Aims and Scope
JESTM provides high quality tailored contents to stroke investigators. The scope of the journal covers original studies and reviews in experimental stroke and translational medical research. Special emphases are placed on new concepts and innovative research ideas in neuroprotection for acute ischemic stroke, ischemic attack, stroke rehabilitation and methodological improvements in stroke studies. JESTM differs from other stroke journals in the following aspects:
• It encourages authors to submit articles with controversial/provocative ideas and negative results
• A unique article type “Innovative Research Idea” is available for accepting innovative research ideas, which is something similar to the abbreviated scientific part of a research proposal
• It accepts improved protocols
• The journal site provides a networking platform for building up professional connections
• It is both free and open-access.